The public sector has to develop a step change in efficiency if huge savings are to be made whilst public services are protected. This training will discuss practical ways of delivering the required efficiencies and leave delegates with an up-to-date understanding of the issues and ho w the challenges facing the public sector can be addressed. London Dubai Lagos Atlanta
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Consolidate fiscal performance and strengthen public service delivery
- Enhance trade competitiveness, and improve the investment climate
- Develop a well-targeted fiscal stimulus package to protect jobs and provide a boost to the economy
- What is the public sector?
- The political economy context of public sector reform
- Pressures on governments and levels of reform
- Which problems are the reforms designed to solve?
- Delegation vs accountability
- Decentralization vs coordination
- Devolution of financial autonomy vs budgetary controls
- Privatization and Public Private Partnership
- New Public Management
- Public Financial Management and Public Sector Reform