Financial modeling demands a logical consistent approach and this workshop builds a financial analysis and a valuation model through a series of practical stages. Upon completion, delegates will have a comprehensive understanding of advanced modeling, as well as how each technique can practically be applied through:
- Building a financial model from a blank sheet
- Designing models which minimize errors
- Writing models which can be maintained and augmented in the future
- Developing models with advanced techniques such as risk, sensitivity, optimization and forecasting.
- Financial Analysis and Valuation
- Exercise: Alternative Model Review.
- Model Structure and Planning
- Case: Completing and Checking the Financial Analysis/Valuation Template.
- Adding Cash Flows and Ratios
- Case: Adding Cash Flow and Ratios to Template.
- Non-cash Flow Valuation
- Case: Calculating Accounting and Market Value on Template.
- Forecasting and Equity Valuation
- Case: Reviewing Performance and Adding a Forecast.
- The Case Template and Deriving Forecast Financial Statements
- Free Cash Flows
- Case: Adding Free Cash Flow to the Model.
- Cost of Capital
- Exercise: Deriving Beta from Data and Adding WACC to Case.
- Initial Equity Valuation
- Exercise: Adding Equity Valuation to the Template.
- Risk, Targeting and Other Layers
- Exercise: Adding APV to the Template.
- Risk and Sensitivity
- Case: Testing the Models with Different Sensitivity and Risk Matrices.
- Optimum Structure and Targeting
- Case: Targeting the Case to Improve Valuation Sensitivity.
- Management Reporting and Model Review