Effective Management of Protected Disclosures
By: Budding Heights Development Company
Lagos State, Nigeria
Mar 21 - 01 Apr, 2016
This training course will provide information about the protection that can be provided to people who report improper, corrupt or unlawful behavior in the public sector. The workshop covers definitions of what constitutes a protected disclosure, what types of wrongdoing are covered, and the protection from reprisals afforded to those making the disclosure.
One of the main concerns for public sector agencies is how to manage disclosures and ensure that they are properly investigated. The workshop will include information on legal protection as well as internal reporting systems and answers the practical questions about to whom disclosures should be made and ho w they should be investigated. Learning is supported through case studies and interactive exercises.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understanding what constitutes a protected disclosure
- How to effectively report improper, corrupt or unlawful behavior in the public sector
- How to manage disclosures and ensure that they are properly investigated
- Legal protection as well as internal reporting systems
- Effective investigation and collation of facts
At the end of the session participant s will have a good understanding of the Protected Disclosures Act 1994 and be able to:
- Describe what a protected disclosure is
- Identify the provisions, requirements and obligations of the Protected Disclosures Act
- Discuss the protections offered under the Protected Disclosures Act
- Identify ways to encourage and improve the management of protected disclosures in their agency.
Venue: Best Western Starfire Hotel, 128 Joel Ogunnaike Street, GRA Ikeja, Lagos