Time Management for Personal Effectiveness
By: Budding Heights Development Company
Lagos State, Nigeria
Jun 15 - 17 Jun, 2016
Improving time management is not just about learning to say ‘no’. It’s about allowing your people to develop a range of practical strategies and options to build a realistic action plan. Refreshingly fast paced and unlike other courses, it avoids the trap of presenting a ‘one size fits all’ approach to managing time, recognizing that we all work in different ways and that therefore different approaches work best for different people.
- Gain control of the day and tasks - reducing stress.
- Understand when you work best - increasing your effectiveness.
- Manage priorities and workloads - improving productivity, meeting and achieving goals.
- Stay healthy - in mind and body, even when under pressure.
- Develop a range of practical and usable tools and techniques - to help you to manage your time more efficiently.
- You understand yourself, your body clock, when you work at your best and focus on your greatest opportunities.
- The key components of improving time management - map these to your attitude to time management and your organizational culture.
- Time traps and interruptions - avoid them by understanding and modifying attitudes and habits, managing your workload and procrastination.
- Prioritize and organize to maximize time - set personal goals and use effective planning skills and techniques like ‘Task versus value’ and ‘Urgent and Important’ (Stephen Covey First things first).
- Manage and organize - understand the principles of planning and delegation to utilize all of the resources available to be more efficient and effective.
- Command personal energy levels - think about your health and wealth to manage and reduce stress levels.
- Useful tools and techniques - learn useful timesaving tools and techniques.
- Mind Mapping - Spend more time on learning how to use Mind Maps® so that this versatile skill can be used for a wide range of tasks. There is also the option for delegates to complete a Mind Mapping e-learning module prior to the course.
- Speed Reading - Where some of the pressures on time come from too much to read, spending time on learning how to speed read can be invaluable.
- Cognitive Behavioral Methods - Some of the techniques explored on this course are based on cognitive behavioral methods, challenging and changing existing ways of responding to the things that are affecting our working lives. In some cases, particularly where resulting stress levels are excessive, it is useful to extend this aspect of the course.
- Managing Personal Energy Levels - On this course, we cover some of the basics of food, drink, exercise and relaxation - and how they affect our energy levels, and therefore our effectiveness at work. These are wide subjects, and some organizations find it beneficial to explore them in more detail or run a follow up course.
Venue: Best Western Starfire Hotel, 128 Joel Ogunnaike Street, GRA Ikeja, Lagos