Team briefing is a process which involves managers and supervisors in talking to their teams about what is happening in the workplace. The course provides specific focus upon the differences between team briefings and team meetings and ensures that delegates are able to hold both of these vital communication mediums, effectively.
This training course reviews the key skills and behaviors required to communicate more effectively face to face, either on a one to one basis or to small groups..
- Identify management's role in communication
- Explain the benefits of the team briefing system
- Prepare team briefs
- Translate information into a form that will be understood by work groups
- Deliver team briefings
- Follow up action points
- Gain Better Workplace Communication Skills
- Learn how to communicate with teams at different levels
- Gain how to cut through multi-cultural and ethnic forces when communicating with your team.
- The purpose of team meetings - benefits and disadvantages
- The purpose of team briefings - benefits and disadvantages
- Why Brief?
- Advantages/disadvantages of the system
- Planning and Preparing
- Core brief/local brief
- Delivering the message
- Ensuring Effective verbal Communication
- Ensuring Understanding
- Managing feedback, issues, and disagreements
- Presenting bad news
- Individual and group exercises