Are you achieving the results you desire from your coaching and mentoring?
BHTC’s Leadership Development training course helps you set goals and visions. Accepting a management position makes you a manager but becoming a leader is much more difficult. It involves setting the right goals, communicating ideas, and delivering results. A leader must be able to prudently influence and inspire others to execute a plan. Organizations and individuals respond to well-articulated visions that are strategic, persuasive, and measurable.
This course walks you through a variety of coaching tools, techniques and best practices including analyzing the cause of sub-par performance, creating a climate for effective coaching and learning, giving corrective feedback and handling challenging responses to coaching.
- Review ten critical coaching skills
- Determine how to use coaching as an employee retention tool
- Explore the root causes of performance problems
- Demonstrate how to tailor coaching to different types of people
- Apply effective techniques for dealing with negative responses
- Develop influencing techniques
- Identify how emotions and feeling can lead to biased decisions and opinions
- Develop skills to reinforce behavior and motivate others
- Learn to listen with an empathetic ear and encourage open, two-way communication
- Understand your role as leader and coach
- Reflect upon your own skills and behavior and how they influence your coaching abilities
- Improved communications
- Build more effective teams
- Hands-on activities to engage participants in demonstrating skills
- Individual coaching and feedback from an expert practitioner
- Job aid(s) and tip sheets to take back to the workplace
- Role play to practice techniques and behaviors in a safe environment
- Self-assessment for insight into individual behavior and how you work with others
- Simulation activities to help transfer learned skills and behavior to the working world