At the end of the training course, participants will be able to
- Understand the formal definition of internal control by COSO and the premises providing the theoretical foundation of the framework.
- Determine the dominant COSO internal control objective relevant to a business function or process to be audited and focus thereon for the purpose of giving audit assurance.
- Identify, during the Audit planning phase, the Points of Focus relevant to the 17 COSO Principles and the 5 COSO components.
- Design during the Audit planning phase appropriate tests and inquiries of the Principles as basis for rating effectiveness of controls.
- Assess each of the 5 prescribed COSO components for their presence and contribution (or lack of it) to the achievement of the chosen objective.
- Develop a control evaluation form showing ratings for each control component and an overall summary rating indicating whether there is a reasonable assurance that the chosen internal control objective will be achieved.
- The Premises on which COSO Integrated Control Framework is built
- Comparison of Traditional view of internal controls with COSO Internal Control Framework
- Enhancements in the revised (May 2013) COSO Integrated Control Framework
- Preparation of COSO Control Evaluation
- Restructuring current Audit methodology to fit COSO requirements
- Public sector programs
- Project management
- Procurement services
- Application of COSO Principles to Compliance functions
- Application of COSO Principles to Finance functions
- Requirements and Challenges of implementing COSO Integrated Control Framework
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
Registration: 8.30 - 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 - 4.00 p.m.
||Mar 14 - 18 Mar, 2016
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.