The term ‘forensic’ means suitable for courts of justice or for public discussion and debate. Forensic auditing provides an investigation methodology and accounting analysis that is suitable to the court which will form the basis for discussion, debate and ultimately dispute resolution.
This training course concentrates on practical advice for delegates in the fight against fraud, with focus sessions on deterrence, data mining and interviewing in a stressed environment. It provides an incisive analysis of how fraud occurs within an organization and explains the latest techniques for fighting it. Participants are exposed to the professional requirements for a successful career in forensic accounting.
At the end of this sesssion, participants will be able to:
- detect white collar crimes within an organization;
- demonstrate skills for Forensic Investigations;
- write forensic accounting investigation reports;
- apply forensic accounting skills in the prosecution of economic crimes;
- present forensic evidence in courts successfully;
- write the Institute of Certified Forensic Accountants, Canada certification exam with assurance of success.
The syllabus consists of the following 12 units.
- Unit 1 - Introduction to Forensic Accounting
- Unit 2 - Crime and Economy
- Unit 3 - Psychology of The Fraudster
- Unit 4 - Fraud Detection Techniques
- Unit 5 - The Investigative Process
- Unit 6 - Gathering Evidence
- Unit 7 - Obtaining and Evaluating Non-Financial Evidence
- Unit 8 - Interviewing Financially Sophisticated Witnesses
- Unit 9 - Fraud Risk Assessment
- Unit 10 - Fraud Prevention
- Unit 11 - Computer Crimes
- Unit 12 - Working in A Forensic Team
|4, Akinpelu Street, Behind ENYO Filling Station, Ibafo Bus Stop,
Lagos-Ibadan Express Road, Ibafo, Ogun State, Nigeria
||May 27 - 31 May, 2019
Prof. Richard Mayungbe +1-646-202-8832, +2348033467639, +2348023019508,
Facilitators: Richard Mayungbe: PhD, MSc, MBA, BSc, FCCA, FICA, CPFA, CFIAN, FCFIP, FIAF, ACFE, MICM, MIPN, Ch.MC, MITD, SEC Licensed Investment Adviser (Country Representative of the Institute of Certified Forensic Accountants, Canada, www.forensicglobal.org)