This training course is about how the parties in employer-employee situations of the organization can operate in a harmonious and mutually benefiting way. It discusses how the suppliers of effort (the employees) and the owners of business (shareholders) or their representatives (management) get inextricably intertwined. It is a relationship that creates both opportunities in some situations and problems in other situations that the delegates will learn to manage for beneficial results.
The delegates will discuss opportunities for industrial relations harmony which bring profit maximization for the shareholders and management as well as widening employment opportunities and career advancement for the employees.
To create industrial harmony come the rules, procedures and processes established locally and internationally to regulate the relationship among the principal actors and adjudicate their conflicting claims. The rules, procedures and processes of industrial relations are laid out to make all parties operate with minimal disruptions to productivity and also benefit all mutually.
This course will take the delegates through these rules, procedures and processes of Industrial Relations.
- Industrial Relations Framework
- Basic perceptions of and approaches to productivity
- Actors in the Industrial Relations System
- Responsive unionism
- Overview of Nigerian Labor Law
- Trade Unions - definitions and formation
- New National Labor Policy
- Role of employers’ organizations/associations
- Profiles conducive to productivity
- Joint consultation and employee participation
- Trade Dispute Act
- Collective Bargaining in Nigeria
- Integrative bargaining
- Concession bargaining
- Focusing on productivity