Organization development applies to changes in the strategy, structure, and/or processes of an entire system, such as an organization, a single plant or a multi-plant firm. Its base is on the application and transfer of behavioral science knowledge and practice (such as leadership, group dynamics and work design), and is distinguished by its ability to transfer such knowledge and skill so that the system is capable of carrying out more planned change in the future.
Who should attend?
This essential training course is designed for; senior HR practitioners, managers and team leaders who are involved in improving the organizations processes and its effectiveness.
- What is organizational development?
- Organizational development and organizational effectiveness
- Define and measure organizational climate
- Be able to strike a balance between macro and micro organizational development
- Differing perspectives of organizational development
- Organizational; climate, culture, norms, values and power structure
- Worker commitment
- Structure of roles in organization
- Inter-group collaboration
- The combination of the authority based in roles, knowledge and skills
- The creation of an open system of communication
- Aspects of quality of working life
- Healthy and safe working conditions
- Development and growth of human capacities
- Growth and security
- Social integration of people
- Social relevance of work
- Enhancing the effectiveness of training programmes
- Performance management
- Prepare a development plan
- Training evaluation