'People are not your greatest asset, the right people are - Jim Collins. Having the right workforce with the right skills-set, full of energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude to fuel creativity, innovations and the right working environment that produce visible results and lasting benefits for the organization is the dream of any business leader. However, this begins with bringing in the right people and placing them rightly.
This is a highly effective training course providing an overview of the resourcing, recruitment and selection process, including preparation for, and practical experience of conducting interviews. This practical course gives you the knowledge and skills to contribute to the resourcing and talent planning process of your organization. Participants will understand the factors that affect an organization’s talent planning, recruitment and selection policy, identifying appropriate recruitment and selection methods, contributing to the interviewing process and understanding the importance of effective induction.
The group discussions and role-plays will enable you to understand how best to construct job descriptions and person specifications, and ascertain suitably effective induction processes.
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value of effective workforce planning.
- Assess the commitment levels of potential hires
- Develop strategies to minimize hiring errors
- Familiar with non-conventional selection methods
- Be able to conduct periodic and exit interviews
- Demonstrate their understanding of and ability to conduct job analysis, design job description and person specification for particular roles
- Be able to conduct recruitment interviews (individual and panel interviews)
- Be capable of arriving at objective decisions in personnel selection
- Be able to design an effective induction package.
Key Discussion Points
- Overview of workforce planning
- Understanding and optimizing your sources of talents and potential hires
- Attracting and recruiting talents
- Demonstrating the employer brand
- Essentials of Job Design and Analysis, Job Description, Job/Person Specifications
- Understanding recruitment methods
- Traditional methods
- Modern methods (including social media)
- The Recruitment process: Choosing appropriate method to fit your candidate profile
- Tools and techniques for effective recruitment and selection
- The selection process: Short listing candidates, Conducting effective Selection Interviews,
- Tips for eliminating recruitment/selection errors
- Non-conventional Personnel Selection