Participatory Management of Agricultural and Rural Development Programmes (ARM 422)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
Jun 06 - 10 Jun, 2016
Most planners and managers of rural development projects are used to the top-down approach of planning and decision-making. However, recent experiences have shown that rural development programmes planned and executed without the active participation of the intended beneficiaries have not yielded the expected results. These programmes are usually not sustained beyond the period of external assistance mainly because the beneficiaries neither believe the projects are their own nor have the capacity to manage them.
This training workshop is, therefore, designed to impart in the participants, the culture of participatory planning and management of rural development projects. At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate adequate understanding of the concepts and principles of participatory rural appraisal (PRA)
- Utilize various participatory tools in planning and managing rural development programmes.
- Concepts of Rural Development
- Concept and principles of Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) techniques
- Participatory planning process and techniques
- Gender issues in participatory development.
- Participatory community development plan formulation
- Role of stakeholders in rural development
- Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation
- Sustainability plan development for community projects
Lecturettes, discussions, group exercises and role play.
Who Should Attend?
Planning and Community Development Officers in Ministries and Local Government Councils; and Project Managers in Agencies responsible for agricultural and rural development, water resources and poverty Alleviation/eradication programmes, Motoring and Evaluation Managers, officers from the Non-Governmental Organisations, Community-Based Organisations and Community Development Units of NDDC and the Oil and Gas Companies
Venue: ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria