Efficient stock flow as well as good record keeping and stock accounting are indispensable activities for good organizational performance. Essentially, effective stores operations help to reduce wastages and costs as well as ensure uninterrupted flow of activities. However, most store officers and supervisors are not adequately equipped to perform stores functions.
This course is designed to equip participants with knowledge, skills and attitude for store keeping and operations of the stores. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Organize stores to ensure smooth supply of materials;
- Account accurately for stocks;
- Identify redundant and obsolete stocks; and
- Identify coping strategies for challenges in storekeeping functions.
- Overview of stores management
- Inventory control techniques
- Stores accounting and records
- Stock taking procedures
- Safety and security of stores
- Receipt, issue, return and handover stores
- Computer applications to stores management
Lecturettes, case studies, field visit, practical exercises and group discussions
Who Should Attend?
Store Officers and Supervisors, Procurement Officers in both public and private sector organizations.