Some women in Nigeria are in leadership positions. More of them are currently entering into the leadership cadres while more are expected to take up leadership roles in various spheres of life. Studies have however shown that some of the factors which inhibit women from performing creditably well as leaders arise from their inability to assert themselves and interact effectively with others. There is therefore, the need to equip women with the required skills that will enable them to effectively cope with the challenges of leading and performing as leaders.
This training workshop is designed to provide necessary training that can develop women for effective leadership. At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Acquire skills for leading and staying in control
- Exhibit confidence in decision-making
- Engage in effective communication
- Cope better with challenges at work place and home.
- Basic Gender Concepts and Issues
- Types and Characteristics of Leaders
- Building Alliances in Advocacy
- Assertiveness Skills for Women Leaders
- Gender Consideration in Management
- Creating a Positive Self-image
- Managing Conflict between Work and Home
- ICT Skills Development
- Effective Time Management Skills for Women
Lecturettes, exercises, group discussion, role plays and case studies
Who Should Attend?
Women Leaders, Managers and Supervisors, Ministries of Women Affairs at the Federal, State and LGA levels, Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and other higher institutions, NGOs, CBOs and Faith-Based Organisations.