The capability of Project Managers to improve their performance could depend on how much data they can generate, collate, analyse, interpret, store and disseminate, to enable the projects achieve their set objectives. Moreover, in a changing information technological environment, Project Managers' performance can therefore be improved if they can take advantage of the micro-computer as an important tool for effective and efficient project management.
This training course is designed to introduce project managers to the use of the micro-computer as an essential tool for effective and efficient project management. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the role of the micro-computer in efficient project management
- Operate and use micro-computer for project design and management.
- Overview of management principles
- Project cycle/sequence in project management
- Introduction to computers
- Use of computers in project management
- MS-Windows 7
- Project logical framework design
- Application of Ms-Excel 2007
- Project cash flow projection
- Project financial analysis
- Project sensitivity analysis
- Application of Ms-Project to project network analysis
- Project report design
Lecturettes, demonstrations, individual and group exercises, hands-on computer exercises
Who Should Attend?
Project planners, analysts, accountants, farm managers and others responsible for managing projects in both the public and private sectors, including financial institutions, oil and gas companies, NDDC etc