Many trainers do not have adequate knowledge and skills in presentation methods and evaluation of training. The problems result in ineffective communication by such trainers in the training sessions. The situation is often exacerbated by the inability of the trainers to get adequate feedback from trainees through evaluation skills.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with the requisite knowledge and skills in training presentation methods and training evaluation. At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Use a variety of training methods to communicate effectively;
- Manage difficult learners and situations;
- Evaluate training; and
- Assess their own strengths and weaknesses in training presentation.
- Overview of training presentation and evaluation methods
- Adult learning principles
- Presentation of session plans.
- Training delivery style
- Presentation and use of learning aids
- Managing special learners and situations
- Concepts and importance of evaluation
- Types and methods of evaluation
Lecturettes, group discussions, exercises and play-back of participants' video presentations
Who Should Attend?
Training officers; trainers, instructors, extension supervisors, subject-matter-specialists and others who perform training and/or NGOs and CBOs