Management Skills Development Programme for Business Advisors on Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (ARM 269)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
Aug 01 - 05 Aug, 2016
Small and Medium-Scale Enterprises (SMEs) contribute significantly to improving socio-economic well being by increasing the productivity and income of the people. These also provide excellent opportunity for maximizing the use of local resources and minimizing problems of unemployment by stimulating economic activities. However, most of existing enterprises run into problems partly due to inadequate management skills. This has placed enormous challenges on business advisors/extension officers who are being called upon to assist in strengthening the capability of the entrepreneurs.
This course will improve the knowledge and skills of small and medium-scale business advisors to provide advisory services for assisting SMEs perform optimally. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify viable small and medium-scale enterprises
- Diagnose and proffer solutions to enterprise problems
- Keep and use business records
- Manage enterprise operation
- Generating business ideas for enterprise development
- Diagnosing enterprise problem
- Sourcing and managing enterprise funds
- Managing marketing operations
- Record keeping for small business
- Assets management
- Human resource management
- Communication and facilitation skills
Lecturettes, exercises, case studies, group discussions and study visit.
Who Should Attend?
Business Advisors/Project Officers on SMEs enterprises, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Local Governments, Donor Assisted Projects, Leaders of Cooperative groups and Cooperative officers. The course is also relevant for small and medium-scale entrepreneurs.
Venue: ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria