Monitoring and Evaluation in Agri-Business Management (ARM 223)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
Aug 01 - 05 Aug, 2016
The wide gap between many development project targets and actual achievements has, in most cases, been caused by the failure of the projects to generate and disseminate information to the relevant project components during and even after the project life. The problem is often times traced to inadequacy and sometimes lack of requisite skills among project managers and officers performing monitoring and evaluation functions.
This training course, therefore, seeks to equip participants with the practical skills and techniques required for monitoring and evaluation of agriculture and rural/community development projects. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Apply appropriate skills and techniques of monitoring and evaluation in their organizations
- Write monitoring and evaluation (M & E) reports
- Design appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems for their organizations.
- Monitoring and evaluation in the project cycle
- Monitoring and evaluation function
- Objectives hierarchy in project monitoring and evaluation
- Criteria for selection of M and E indicators
- Logical framework design for project M and E
- Introduction to survey design.
- Basic survey management tools
- Questionnaire design for data gathering
- Interview design and techniques
- Concept of sustainability M and E
- Reports in project Mand E
Lecturettes, group exercises and discussions, case studies and study visit.
Who Should Attend?
Senior and Middle Level Professional staff with responsibilities for monitoring and evaluation in agricultural and rural development projects-crops, livestock, fisheries, forestry and other rural/community development projects - both in public and private sectors including financial institutions.
Venue: ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria