Effective Management of Micro-Credit and Finance Schemes (ARM 334)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
Aug 15 - 19 Aug, 2016
ARMTI's studies on Micro-Finance Institutions (MFIs) in Nigeria revealed deficiencies in savings mobilization, funds management and general management practices. Experiences from these studies show that a sizeable amount of funds could be pooled through effective mobilization and management of thrift and loan organizations as well as grassroots finance and credit schemes. With appropriate management skills, such pooled funds can be efficiently employed to establish income generating activities for poverty eradication.
This training course aims at improving the knowledge and skills of participants in funds mobilization and management of rural credit schemes. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain current development concepts in micro-credit and finance schemes
- Identify problems and constraints in the appraisal and administration of micro-credit and savings schemes
- Proffer solutions to identified problems and constraints
- Apply improved skills and techniques in managing credit and savings schemes.
- The role of micro-credit and financial institutions in rural development
- Comparative review of Nigeria, and other countries' experiences in rural credit management
- Group mobilization and management for effective savings and credit delivery
- Project appraisal for credit approval
- Gender considerations in micro-credit management
- Participatory strategies in credit delivery
Lecturettes, case studies, study visit, group discussions and exercises
Who Should Attend?
Relevant officers from CBN, NACRDB, Micro-finance Banks, NGOs, Poverty Eradication Programmes/Agencies, Rural-based small-scale lending agencies and institutions, Commercial/Extension Departments of ADPs, IFAD-supported projects, Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture, Leaders of cooperative groups and cooperative officers in Federal and States Ministries of Finance and Cooperatives, Finance Institutions and Community Development outfits of the Oil Companies, NDDC etc.
Venue: ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria