With the growing importance of information gathering and dissemination locally and globally, there is urgent need for organizations to have their websites. However, most Information Managers in the agricultural and rural development sector, though aware of the importance of Internet, do not have adequate knowledge and technical skills in designing and managing their organizations’ website.
This training workshop therefore, is designed to equip participants with the working knowledge and technical skills required to design and manage Websites. At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Use Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) commands
- Prepare a well structured Web presentation
- Develop a home page for their organizations
- Importance of Internet in agricultural and rural development
- Assessing agricultural website
- Introduction to web page editors
- Transfer of text in HTML language
- Website development
- Uploading information on the Internet
- Searching on the Internet
Lecturettes, demonstrations and hands-on practical exercises on computers
Who Should Attend?
Research Scientists, Extension Officers, Officers of PRSD from both the Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture and Rural Development, Technical Editors and other Information professionals in NGOs/CBOs, and Librarians / Library Officers.
Basic knowledge of computer is essential.