Effective Records and Information Management (ARM 108)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
Sep 26 - 30 Sep, 2016
The importance of records and information management in organisations cannot be over-emphasized. This is particularly so in the face of wider use of modern information and communication technology. In spite of its importance, records and information management in most public and private sector organizations are poor and ineffective in keeping pace with modern organizational practices.
This training course is therefore, designed to equip relevant officers with the knowledge and skills of effective records and information management. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the principles and practice of records and information management;
- List items needed to establish and manage an automated office; and
- Use computer to organize and manage information.
- Overview of information and communication technology
- Office automation
- Records management
- Management of interpersonal relationships
- Computer application to information management using appropriate software packages for:
- Documents presentation formats.
- Information storages and retrieval system.
Lecturettes, group discussions, case studies and hands-on exercises on computer
Who Should Attend?
Heads, supervisors and staff of records office and registry, administrative and executive officers; personal assistants and secretaries, and all other officers in charge of records and information management in both the public and private sectors.
Venue: Agricultural & Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI), Ilorin