The broad objective of the training course is to equip top and senior executives who are involved in managing projects with the requisite knowledge, analytical skills and attitudes required for economic, efficient, effective planning, executing, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
The specific objectives are to enable participants
- Apply the Analytical Methods and Processes required for Planning, Selecting, appraising, Controlling and Executing Projects
- Acquire the Requisite Skills in Monitoring and Evaluating Projects
- Acquire the Required Skills Relevant for Effective Maintenance of Completed Projects
- Exchange Ideas and Experiences on Project Planning, Execution and Control.
Overview of Project Management
- Projects and Policy Environment
- Project Planning and Control
- Team Building
- Project Stakeholders Management
- Project Costing and Financing
- Managing Negotiation in Project Management
- Project Maintenance and Sustainability
- Conflict handling in a Project Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Use of Consultants in Project Management
- Project Communication and Report Writing
- Computer Application to Project Management
- Logical Framework Approach
- Overview of Resource Management
The Course is designed for public officers on Grade Levels 13 and above and their counterparts in the private sector organizations who are involved in project management.