The overall objective of the training course in Aid Management is to generate greater understanding of the development process and provide the required skills needed for the management of development.
The Specific Objectives are to
- Strengthen local capacity for managing development assistance
- Acquaint participants with development issues
- Highlight and analyse problems of development assistance
- Develop a sense of ownership of Donor Assisted Programme
- Make participants benefits from sharing of ideas on development assistance in Nigeria.
Concepts of Development
- National capacity building
- Principles of aid policy
- Concepts and elements of the programme cycle
- Appraisal techniques
- Cost benefit analysis
- Managing negotiation
- Technical co-operation policy framework
- National execution role and parties
- Transparency and accountability in development assistance
- Managing change
- Organizational development/management
- Report writing
The course is designed for officers involved in developmental programmes in the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) who are directly concerned with donor assistance projects from UNDP, UNO, UNICEF, WHO, World Bank etc.