The training workshop objectives will enable participants to
- State the need for integrating Socio-Economic policies with Environment concerns as a means of achieving sustainable development.
- Analyse economic policy from Environment point of view; and
- Discuss Environment friendly Socio-Economic policies at all levels of Government.
- National development objectives
- Project management and the environment
- Programme/project approach to national development
- Environmental assessment techniques
- Community participation in environment
- Concepts of policy and policy making process
- Roles of major stakeholders in policy making process
- Macro-economic policies and the environment
- Strategies for environmental management.
The workshop is designed for Officers at the Federal and State Government levels involved in Environmental Policy Formulation, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation as well as their counterpart in Private Sector Organizations.