The main objectives of the training Workshop is to enable Participants to
- Examine most recent development in economic management
- Review the impact of the main fiscal and monetary policy measures used by the government
- Map out strategies for macro-economic framework for inducing investment
- Provide a forum for participants to benefit from the exchange of ideas on fiscal and monetary policy formulation and implementation.
- Overview of fiscal and monetary policy
- Formulation and implementation of fiscal and monetary policy
- Government borrowing and lending
- Management of public debt
- Expenditure planning and forecasting
- Public expenditure control
- Creating an enabling environment for private investment
- Role of Ministries and Agencies in achieving fiscal and monetary policy objectives
The workshop is designed for Senior Government Officials responsible for Economic Policy Formulation in Ministries of Finance (Federal and States) AgenciesSuch as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), National Planning Commissions andFinancial Institutions.