Workshop on Alternative Dispute Resolution (LSD)
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Aug 08 - 12 Aug, 2016
The main objectives of the training workshop are to
- Expose participants to court systems that are now being reformed to fully integrate ADR through the concept of multi-door court room
- Appraise current issues and practices in alternative dispute resolution
- Review the roles of litigants in setting disputes
- Expose participants to new concepts of ADR clauses mandating parties to use ADR as first line processes for dispute resolution.
- Nature, Sources and Causes of Conflict
- Role of Language and Culture in Dispute Resolution
- Domestic Arbitration Practice and Procedure Customary Arbitration
- ADR Menu/International Comparative Study of ADR Structure and Institutions
- Introduction to Arbitration
- Mock Arbitration Scenario
- Negotiation Skills
- Mediation Skills
- Arbitration and ADR Structures and Institutions in Africa.
Lawyers in full time employment as counsel to private and public companies, corporations, institutions, agencies and local government, senior professional public officers, e.g. Accountants, Surveyors, Medical Practitioners, Architects, Engineers, etc. at all levels of Government, Risk Managers, Logistics and Intelligence Managers, Security Managers and Coordinators in Oil Companies, Members of the Armed Forces, Police, Paramilitary forces, Community Relations Officers, Heads of Security Units of Tertiary Institutions.
NGN 70,000.00 (Per Participant (This Excludes Accommodation and Feeding))
Venue: ASCON Complex, Topo, Badagry