Workshop on Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (LSD)
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Sep 05 - 09 Sep, 2016
The training workshop objectives are to
- Discuss the importance of Humanitarian Law
- Explain the concept of Human Rights
- Understand the conditions necessary for rule of law to operate
- Describe how individual liberty is safeguarded by the Rule of Law.
- Overview of Humanitarian Law
- The concept of Human Rights
- Basic principles of Rule of Law
- Nature, Causes and Effects of Conflict
- Judicial Overview of ADR
- Language and Culture in Dispute Resolution
- Machinery of Government
- Commercial Arbitration Practice and Procedure
- Creative Approaches Negotiation
Registrars, Assistant Registrars, Judicial Officers in Ministries, Lawyers in full time employment as counsel to private and public companies, Corporations, Institutions, agencies and Local government, Senior Professional Public Officers, Members of the Armed forces, police, paramilitary forces, Community Relations Officers, Head of Security units of Tertiary Institutions.
Methodology: Lectures, Syndicate, Discussion and Case Studies.
NGN 70,000.00 (Per Participant (This Excludes Accommodation and Feeding))
Venue: ASCON Complex, Topo, Badagry