At the end of the training course, participants should be able to
- Explain the key concept of gender mainstreaming
- Highlight the new development initiative on gender
- Enumerate gender management system
- Apply the knowledge gained to mainstream gender into various developmental goals.
- Constructs of Gender
- The Concept of Development
- Gender and Development
- Strategic and Practical Gender Needs Interests
- Gender Analysis
- Gender Analytical Framework/ Tools
- Overview of Gender Mainstreaming
- Integrating Gender Equality to Programs and Projects
- Gender Review Of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Gender Management System;
- Mainstreaming Gender into Key Steps in a Planning Cycle
- Understanding Gender Sensitive Indicators
- Developing Gender Sensitive Budgets
- Strategies for Meeting Challenges in Gender Equality Work
- Gender and New Development Initiatives
- Economic Development Planning and Gender
- Theoretical Perspectives on Sex and Gender
- Health index of Men and Women.
The Course is designed for Gender desk officers, Officers on GL 08 and above in Local Government, State and Federal public service and their equivalent in the private sector as well as Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s), Programme Officers , CBOs.