At the end of the training course, participants should be able to
- Highlight the training needs analysis on gender mainstreaming
- Develop the teaching methods and strategies in gender studies
- Discuss the training processes and learning principles
- Acquire the skills in the use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) to training.
- Design Gender related training programmes.
- Basic Facts about Gender
- Gender Relations in Training
- Theoretical Perspectives on Sex and Gender
- Mainstreaming Gender in the Curriculum
- Research and Gender Sensitive Methods
- Overview of Gender Mainstreaming
- Adult Learning Principles
- The Training Process
- Training Methods and Strategies
- Developing Case Study in Gender Studies
- Facilitating Skills and Techniques
- Teaching Methods and Strategies in Gender Studies
- Gender Sensitive Language in Training
- Curriculum Development
- Roles of Departmental Training Officers in Engendering Training
- Setting Training Aims and Objectives
- Gender Analysis : Principles and Practices
- Developing Training Contents and Methods
- Evaluation of a Training Programme, Gender Perspective
- Sectorial Approaches to Developing Training Programmes
- Use of ICT for Gender Training
- Gender Mainstreaming in Specific Sectors i.e. Education, Water, Environment, Health etc.
The Course is designed for Departmental Training officers (DTOs) and Officers on GL 12 -16 in Local Government, State and federal public service and their equivalent in the Private Sector, Government Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) as well as Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) as Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s). Training institutions and management Development Institutes (MDIs).