At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the concept of gender and other related terms
- Examine gender and development
- Identify gender imbalance and their implications
- Analyze the relevance of gender mainstreaming to sustainable development goals (SDG)
- Describe appropriate policies and strategies for gender balancing in development process.
- Gender Concepts and Terminology
- Social Constructs of Gender
- Evolution of Gender Approaches
- Gender and Development, an Overview
- Gender and Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs)
- Practical And Strategic Gender Needs / Interests
- Gender Sensitive Data Collection And Analysis
- Understanding Gender Analytical Tools / Frameworks
- Overview of Gender Responsive Budgeting
- Decision Making Skills For Gender Mainstreaming
- Overview of Gender Issues
- National Gender Policy
- Women‘s Human Rights Legislation
- Gender theories
- Gender Mainstreaming in Sectorial Plans and Policies.
The Workshop is designed for Officers both Men and women on GL 08-12 in Local Government, State and Federal Public Service as well as NGOs, CBOs.