At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to
- Highlight the legal and Socio-cultural Drivers of Gender Inequalities
- Discuss Gender Mainstreaming in Governance
- Analyse Obstacles to Women’s Power and Decision Making in Organisation
- Proffer solutions to challenges facing women in Managing Organizational Politics and Power Structure.
- Overview of Women in Politics in Nigeria
- Social Constructs of Gender
- Gender and Democracy, an overview
- Legal and Socio-cultural Drivers of Gender Inequalities
- Gender Mainstreaming in Governance, Factsheet
- Obstacles to Women’s Power and Decision Making
- Managing Organizational Politics and Power Structure
- Leadership and Decision Making Skills
- Advocacy and Lobbying Skills
- The Role of Mass media in Gender Influence and Politics
- The Electoral Process: Managers, Parties, and Civil Society
- The Gender Agenda: Policies and Institutions
- Society, the Law and Women’s Political Leadership.
The Workshop is designed for Officers on GL 08-12 in Local Government, State and Federal Public Service and their equivalent in the private sector and Non-Governmental Organisations, CBOs.