At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to
- Discuss the strategic and practical Needs/ Interests of women
- Examine the roles of women in global and national development
- Explain the socio-cultural practices militating against women’s involvement in democratic development
- List national gender machineries involved in women democratic development
- Gender Concepts and Terminology
- Socio-cultural Practices Against Women
- Position of Women in Power Sharing and Decision Making Process
- Historical Perspectives of Women in Politics
- Gender and Development
- Developing Leadership Skills
- Roles of Women in Democratic Development and Sustenance
- Decision Making and Problem-Solving Skills
- Strategic and Practical Needs /Interests
- National Gender Machineries.
- Integrating Gender Equality into Programs and Projects
- Understanding Gender Management Systems
- Strategic Planning and Monitoring using Gender Lens
- Gender Sensitive Budgets.
The Workshop is designed for officers on GL 10 and above in local Government, State and Federal Public Service and their equivalent in the private sector and Non-Governmental Organisations.