At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to:
- Analyze life cycle of projects and programmes from a gender perspective.
- Apply a gender lens in the life cycle of a development intervention, identification, formulation, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Design project and programmes, monitor and evaluate on gender equality
- Prepare a gender assessment of your organization and workplace.
- Development interventions and gender issues
- Gender analysis principle and practices
- Overview of project cycle using gender lens
- Gender mainstreaming , an overview
- Objectives of gender mainstreaming in projects
- Mainstreaming gender in different project stages
- Gender sensitive indicators
- Gender sensitive data collection and analysis
- Project checklist for gender mainstreaming
- Gender sensitive budget analysis
- Gender impact assessment
- Writing of grant – oriented research proposals
- Strategies for integrating gender concerns in state programmes and projects
- Lobbying and negotiation skills
The Workshop is designed for Project Staff Advisers, Desk Officers, Trainers and Consultants involved in facilitating project management on GL 10 and above in Local Government, State and Federal Public Service and their equivalent in the private sector and Non - Governmental Organisations.