Gender, Peace and Conflict Resolution
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Nov 21 - 25 Nov, 2016
At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to:
- Explain nature and types of conflict
- Analyze the implications of conflict on women and children in particular
- Discuss the role of leadership in peace resolution
- Examine Gender related policies towards peace building.
- Gender, development and violence
- Understanding conflicts, types and levels
- The political economy of peace and conflict
- Capacity building In conflict prevention, peace building and non-violence
- Gender conflict sensitive development and its reconciliation
- Challenges for designing and implementing peace accords
- Sourcing for donor and development assistance aids and grants
- Gender related policies for peace building
- Women and international legal human rights
- Instrument for peace building procedures
- Conflict sensitive communication skills.
- Leadership skills in managing conflicts.
The workshop is designed for Judiciary Officers in Ministries, members of the Armed Forces, Police , Paramilitary Forces, Community relations officers and Heads of Security Units of Tertiary Institutions and Senior Professional Officers e.g. Accountant.
NGN 85,000.00 (Per Participant (This Excludes Accommodation and Feeding))
Venue: ASCON Complex, Topo, Badagry