At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss Gender related concepts and its social constructs
- Explain types, nature and causes of Gender Based Violence
- Examine multi sectoral approach to prevention of Gender Based Violence
- Develop appropriate skills for behavioral change communication and counseling.
- Understanding gender concepts and terminology
- The concept of gender, development and violence
- Social constructs of gender
- Types of sexual and gender based violence
- Gender, power and social relations
- Causes of sexual and gender based violence
- Attitudes, beliefs and practices to sexual and gender based violence
- Multi-sectoral prevention to gender based violence
- Advocacy, negotiation and communication skills
- Existing national and referral standards to combat gender based violence
- The role of stakeholders in prevention and managing gender based violence
- National and international legal human rights instruments related to gender based violence
- Working with men and survivors
- Behavior change communication (bcc)
- Hiv/ aids and gender based violence
- Counseling skills / techniques
- Child’s rights law.
The Workshop is designed for Gender Desk Officer, Social and Health Workers, Counsellors, Ministry of Education Officials, in Local Government, State and Federal Public Service and their equivalent in the Private sector and Non-Governmental Organisations.