The overall objective of the Course is to equip participants with skills, knowledge and techniques for enhance performance in the Public Service.
Specifically, the course will enable participants to:
- Examine the importance of target setting in work situation;
- Identify the main output controls;
- Apply work measures for improved performance;
- Analyse the choices managers make in designing effective performance appraisal and feedback procedures;
- Discuss the likely challenges of performance contracts; and
- Devise appropriate incentives to motivate staff.
The topics listed below, amongst others, shall be covered during the Course.
- Principles of Organization Management
- Overview of Performance Management
- Overview of Performance Contracts
- Work Measures and Standards
- MBO and Target Setting
- Performance Appraisal Systems
- Performance Review and Rating System
- Job Analysis and Evaluation
- New Trends in Performance Management
- Use of ICT in Performance Management
- Rewarding Performance in the Public Service.
The Course is targeted at Public Servants on GLs 10 - 14.