At the end of the Course, participants should be able to:
- Enumerate the current management concepts
- Analyse the importance of strategic thinking in public administration
- Outline tools of result-oriented management
- Discuss phases of the public policy making cycle
- Evaluate critical issues in policy formulation and implementation
- Critically examine approaches for improving public administration and management.
- Evolution of Public Administration and Management.
- Public vs Private Administration in Practices.
- Current Management Practice.
- Strategic Thinking Processes.
- Strategic Human Resources Management.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving.
- Government Reforms and Development Agenda.
- Executive Stress Management.
- Understanding the Changing Role of Government.
- Conflict Sensitive Development.
- Leadership, Transparency and Accountability.
- Budgeting and Budgetary Control in Government.
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Performance Management and Target Setting.
- Managing Performance Contract in the Public Service.
- Tender and Contract Procedures.
- Public Policy Formulation and Implementation in Nigeria.
- The Role of Senior Public Servants in Policy Formulation.
- Advocacy, Mobilisation and Lobbying Skills for Public Servants.
- Gender Main streaming in the Policy Making Process.
- Gender Issues in Public Administration.
- Security Consciousness in the Public Service.
- Public-Private Partnership for National Development.
The course is designed for top management staff on gl. 13 to 16 in the public service and those who have attended the public administration and management course.