Basic Mechanical Drives System Maintenance
By: Tom Associates Training
Lagos State, Nigeria
May 23 - 27 May, 2016
The seriousness attached to maintenance of the plant and equipment employed in production affect the magnitude of the profits or losses recorded in a manufacturing, construction or haulage industries.
For that purpose, this introductory training course is packaged to assist shop floor mechanics, fitters/machinists, greasers, machine minders, electricians, newly recruited supervisors and other maintenance technicians to do what is right for the business at all times.
They will use the knowledge and skills acquired to:
- Have a working understanding of rotating equipment
- Relate the working principles of rotating equipment with its component parts
- Identify various types of mechanical drives systems and their functions
- Troubleshoot mechanical drives for effective operation
- Be able to list methods of effective maintenance of mechanical drives systems
- Learn to observe necessary safety precautions in the application and maintenance of mechanical drives systems.
- Manage mechanical drives systems effectively for productivity.
- Introduction to Rotating Equipment, Prime movers, transmission and driven machines
- Means of Mechanical Drives
- Belts: Types, functions, installation, trouble shooting and maintenance
- Gears: Types, functions, installation, trouble shooting and maintenance
- Couplings: Types, application, installation, trouble shooting and maintenance
- Bearings: Types, application, selection, installation trouble shooting and maintenance
- Chains: Types, functions, installation, trouble shooting and maintenance
- Checking of misalignment
- Causes and control of Industrial accidents
- Application of Personal Protective Equipments (PPE)
Deals: Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.
Venue: 5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
Registration: 8.30 - 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 - 4.00 p.m.