At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept of human resource management
- Describe the concept of registry
- Define record, file and record management
- List the processes in the life cycle of records
- Outline the current practices in the management of registry functions
- Identify the strategies for managing personnel registry
- Identify the basic filing principles.
The workshop covers the following:
- Overview of human resource management
- Introduction to personnel records management
- Basic filing principles
- Classification and indexing
- Managing people in the registry
- Common registry practices
- File maintenance in the registry
- Security of records/information
- New strategies for human resource registry management
- Computer application and management of registry functions.
The workshop is designed for all categories of registry officials both in the public and private sectors of the economy.