At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify the roles of human resource development and training managers
- Identify organizational and individual training needs
- Design appropriate training programmes to meet identified needs
- Describe steps taken to organize conferences, workshop, seminars etc.
- Identify the appropriate methods for implementing training programmes
- Prepare training presentation using power point.
The Workshop covers the following:
- Overview of training
- Psychology of adult learning
- Systems approach to training
- Programme and module design
- Training methods and strategies
- Evaluation of training programmes
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Use of power point
- Writing communiqué and report
The workshop is designed for officers on GL 08 and above in the public sector and their counterparts in the private sector, who are engaged in training and human resource development activities in ministries, extra ministerial department, parastatals, management development institutes, and staff development training centres.