At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify the main output controls
- Identify the main behavior control
- List the choices a manager must make in designing effective performance appraisal and feedback procedures
- Set strategic targets
- Device appropriate incentive to motivate staff.
The workshop covers the following areas:
- Principles of organisation management
- Strategic management
- Meaning, process and principles of performance management
- Theories of management and motivation
- Scheme of performance management
- Work measures and standard
- MBO and target setting
- Appraisal system
- Job analysis and evaluation
- New trends in performance management.
The workshop is targeted at senior public servants and their counterparts in the private sector. It suits human resource professionals and practitioners who have responsibilities of motivating, developing and managing staff for improved productivity.