At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Expose participants to the basic principles and major functions of administrative officers.
- Refresh their memories on the niceties of government business.
- Discuss the various forms of communications in government business.
- Improve their inter-personal relation skills.
The workshop content covers the following topics:
- Overview of office administration
- Administrative practices (minutes/minuting, drafts/briefs, endorsement, and official letter writing)
- Public service rules
- Sources of information in the public service
- Interpersonal relationship
- Communication skills
- Handling official documents
- Serving meetings
- Filling procedures
- Report and speech writing techniques
The workshop is designed for senior and middle level offices in administrative and secretariat cadres.
Methodology: Lecturette, power point presentation, syndicate exercises, and discussion.