The broad objective of the course is to enable the participants to identify some strategies for developing and managing small and medium enterprises
Specifically at the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of SMEs as economic development agents
- Discuss the legal issues involved in the development and management of SMEs
- Identify the enabling environment of SMEs
- List the strategies for development and growth of SMEs
- Prepare and evaluate business plan.
- The workshop contents among others include the following:
- Effective Management of SMEs, an overview
- SMEs as Economic Development Agents
- Policy Framework for the Development and Promotion of SMEs
- Enabling Environment for SMEs
- Legal Issues in SMEs Development and Management
- Strategies for Success and Growth of SMEs
- Appraisal/Evaluation of SMEs
- Financial Option for SMEs
- Business Plan Preparation
- Business Plan Evaluation
- Syndicate Exercises
The course is designed for middle level managers on Grade Level 08-12 in the Federal/State Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDSs) who are responsible for the development of Small and Medium Enterprises and also the Entrepreneurs.
Methodology: Lecturette, Power Point Presentation, Discussion and Syndicate Exercises.