The broad objective of the training Seminar is to provide the Small and Medium Scale Managers with the working knowledge and skills in all aspects of Small Business Management.
Specifically at the end of the Seminar participants will be able to:
- Discuss effective management of resources in SME’s
- Identify sources of finance available to SME’s
- Identify the strategy for marketing goods and services in SME’s
- Analyses the problems and proper solutions to the management of SME’s
- Identify sources of raw materials
- Identify competitors and their impacts in the market.
- Nature of Small Business
- Generating Business Ideas
- Business Plan Preparation
- Financing Options for SMEs
- Determination of Cash Flows
- Inventory Management and Control
- Credit Control and Debt Management
- Costing and Pricing is SMEs
- Effective Customer Service Delivery
- Record and Book Keeping in SMEs
- Marketing of product and Service in Small Business
- Causes and Symptoms of Business Failure
- Syndicate Exercises.
The seminar is designed for officers in the public and private sector organizations. Entrepreneurs who are desirous of starting a small business or are currently running a micro, small and medium size business will also benefit from the seminar.
Methodology: Lecturette, power point presentation, discussion and syndicate exercises.