At the end of the seminar, participants should be able to:
- Justify the need for safety of records in their organizations;
- Identify records as the cornerstone of management information network;
- Sort, keep and maintain records effectively;
- Identify various forms of records and their relevance to their organisations.
- Basic Management Principles and Concepts
- Records Management Concepts and Practices
- Classification and indexing of Records
- Organization and Management of Registries
- Management of Financial Record
- Disposal of Records
- Management of Records Center
- Computer Application to Records Management
- Syndicate Exercises.
The course is designed for, records officers in small and medium enterprises officers with responsibility for management and maintenance of records systems in both public and private sector; officer who work in either public or private archives research officers individuals who intends to start or already operating in small and medium enterprises.
Methodology: Lecturette, Power Point Presentation, Discussion and Syndicate Exercises.