The broad objective of the training course is to equip financial managers with necessary skills, knowledge and right attitude, as well as create a forum to discuss the philosophy, objectives and essentials of Financial Management.
Specifically, the course will enable participants:
- Identify the vital role of financial managers in the achievement of overall objectives of their organisations
- Devise measures of financial accountability, prudent allocation and utilization of resources
- Adopt current innovations in the field of financial management
- Enhance their capabilities for the design and management of an efficient financial information system
- Prepare timely financial report
- Apply software in financial analysis and decision-making in their respective organisations
This includes the following:
- Strategic planning
- Economic policy management
- Leadership and motivation
- Financial control
- Public sector accounting and financial reporting
- Overview of international public sector accounting standards (IPSAS) and international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Framework of government budgeting
- Auditing and public accountability
- Cost benefit analysis
- Tax administration
- Assets management
- Procurement in the public service
- Overview of project management
- ICT and financial management.
The course is designed for officers on grade levels 13 and above whose responsibilities involve ensuring effective financial management in their organizations such as accountants, auditors, budget officers, planning officers, project officers, stock verifiers etc. in the public and private sector organizations.
NOTE: Registration of participants will be based on the above specified Grade Levels.