The overall objective of the training course is to provide the participants with skills, techniques and tool to perform effectively in the field of Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
The specific objectives of the course are to enable participants:
- Identify the role of procurement in the management of government business
- Describe the legal framework of public procurement
- Differentiate between supply and public procurement
- Explain the importance of quality in supply chain and procurement
- Discuss the challenges of public procurement.
- Principles and practices of procurement management.
- Professional ethics and due process in procurement.
- Guidelines on public procurement.
- Statutory and regulatory framework of public procurement.
- Tendering procedures.
- Role of supplies in business strategy
- Quality control in procurement
- Materials planning and budgeting
- receipts and inspection of stores
- Classification and codification of stores
- International purchasing and e-procurement.
- Asset management
- Inventory management
- Negotiation skills in procurement.
The course is designed for supplies officers, stores officers, stock verifiers, purchasing officers and staff of the procurement departments on grade level 08 and above who are saddled with the responsibilities of ensuring effective materials management and efficient procurement in the federal, state and local government services and their counterparts in the private sector.