The objectives of the training workshop are to enable participants:
- Identify different types of fraud and corruption in the public and private sector organisations
- Assess the effects of fraud and corruption on their various organisations
- Examine new dimensions to fraud and corruption in organisations
- Adopt the strategies for prevention, detection and control of frauds
- Apply the knowledge of computer in detecting and preventing fraud in organisations.
- Transparency and accountability in the management of government business.
- The impact of fraud on government and nation’s economy
- Typology of frauds and corruptions
- The roles of fraud control agencies
- Ethical considerations and violation
- Investigating procedures
- Forensic audit and investigation
- Fraud prevention and detection techniques
- Financial control and regulations
- Writing investigatory report.
The workshop is designed for accountants, treasurers, fraud control officers, finance officers, auditors, stock verifiers, wages and salaries officers, personnel and administrative officers in ministries, extra-ministerial departments, parastatals, local government treasurers and other government owned agencies.