The training workshop will enable the participants to:
- Explain the philosophy and objectives of public accountability as a vehicle for good governance
- Identify the relevant institutions that promote public accountability
- Recognize the need for transparency and accountability in conducting government business
- Manage funds and other resources
- Understand the functions and roles of the anti-graft agencies
- Concept and intent of Anti-Corruption Laws
- Institutional framework to promote public accountability
- (Code of conduct bureau, ICPC, EFCC, PAC, etc.)
- Transparency in the management of government business
- Guidelines for reforms and implementation
- Ethics of public accountability and transparency
- Fraud prevention, detection and control measures
- Challenges of public accountability.
The workshop is designed for senior managers in the public service and private sector, elected public officers in the federal, state and local governments, members of the armed forces, police and other paramilitary organizations.