Workshop on Final Accounts Preparation in Government (FMSD 615)
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Oct 10 - 14 Oct, 2016
The training workshop objectives are to enable participants:
- Examine the basic principles and concepts in public sector accounting and financial reporting
- Discuss the procedures for preparation of transcripts and financial statements
- Highlight the importance of financial information and timely preparation of financial statements for decision making
- Explain the existing government financial rules and regulations and their roles in enhancing preparation of financial statements.
- Nature of public sector accounting and financial reporting
- The roles of offices of accountants-general and auditors-general
- Government financial rules and regulations, treasury manuals, etc.
- Classification of accounts
- Government funds and fund accounting
- Preparation of monthly consolidated accounts/transcript
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Preparation of financial statements
- Use of software for preparation of financial statements
- Institutional challenges affecting the compilation and presentation of financial statements.
The workshop is designed for accountants, treasurer’s auditors, accounting technicians and finance officers, particularly those in final accounts section of ministries, departments, and other government owned agencies in federal, state and local governments.
NOTE: Participants are implored to bring along their Laptop for hands on experience for application of software.
NGN 75,000.00 (Per Participant (This Excludes Accommodation and Feeding))
Venue: ASCON Complex, Topo, Badagry